Thursday, September 15, 2011

Milestone

It might take me a while to get used to having a 12 year old. Jason will probably be 13 by the time I get used to it, lol. I have been having a significant amount of anxiety over this whole thing. I imagined my life to be very different than what it is by this time. I had imagined being a better mother than what I am. I didn't anticipate having the physical challenges and limitations that I have. I for sure thought I would be remarried, having my husband be the one to give Jason the priesthood.

So what can I do from here? I know I can't change the past and can only control what I do at any given moment.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

In spite of all this anxiety, I am happy with the changes and improvements I have made in my life. I'm spiritually stronger than I could have ever imagined. I have learned to rely on the Savior more than I ever thought I could. The depths of His grace and love are never ending. My kids are happy and healthy. I have shelter, food and clothes. What more could I really need?

No comments:

Post a Comment