Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get Ready Utah!!

I am beyond excited that I have the chance to go to Utah in 24 days!! I don't know yet if I will be one of the lucky few to get tickets to general conference from the Spokane stake. It would be an amazing experience for me and the kids. We are driving down to Utah Saturday the 2nd and back to Washington on the 10th. I took it for granted while I was in school that I was able to go visit family in Utah on a regular basis. It has been 9 months since I've been there and I will be overwhelmed with joy when I get to see my family and friends.

I would love to do any family or senior pictures while I am there. I will be running a special off my regular prices for this trip. Family pictures will be $250 and senior pictures will be $325. Senior pictures are a bit more because of the extra time that is taken for multiple outfits and sometimes multiple locations. I still don't have a website up and running to select pictures to keep. So I proof all the acceptable poses and burn them to a CD. I also give copyright release so the client can print however and whichever they chose. I will be available in the Wasatch front Monday April 4th to Wednesday April 6th, and also late afternoon/evening on Saturday the 9th. I will available in Moab Thursday afternoon til Saturday morning. I've always wanted to do family pictures in Moab. I can't picture a more beautiful backdrop. I'll have to bring my tripod and try to get a few of me and the kids.

I'm extremely excited that the kids and I are going to stay in Moab for 2 nights. I have only taken them to Moab once and they have been anxiously waiting to go back ever since then. I guess the love for Moab runs in the family :) There is a mid singles event going on during those days in Moab, and most people are staying at a campground with no running water. The kids and I will be very comfortable in our "cabin" that we reserved at the Slickrock Campground. Swimming pool, heat, air conditioning (which both come in handy in April since its possible to need either one), but more importantly flushing toilets and showers. With my medical condition, I probably won't be able to do some of my favorite hikes like Delicate Arch, Corona Arch and Aztec Butte. I will still have lots of fun spending time with the kids and taking in the amazing sites and hopefully meeting some great people too.

I also want to know if any of my Utah friends are signed up for Groupon for the SLC area. If so, I would be interested in knowing about any deals for Hogle Zoo or the aquarium that I would be able to use while down there.

It will be a busy week for me, but I can't describe the relaxing feeling I get just thinking about being surrounded by family and the red rock of Moab. Now I will just need prayers that my pain will not hinder my ability to make the long drive back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment